The Tale of a Church Missionary in North Carolina

The Tale of a Two Year Church Missionary in North Carolina
I'd be willing to bet, in your life you've met a Mormon. If you have then you'd probably know that we're a little goofy in some ways, but more often then not, that we're usually nice. If you haven't met one, well here's a chance to read up on what a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints thinks and you can make your own opinion.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mormon Social Media

    Hey Y'all, First thank you for looking at this blog post, welcome to it. Here's my thought for the day,

Mormon Social Media. 

*NOTE* this is a long post so it's split up into three parts if y'all want to just focus on one and not read the whole thing

  1. Mormon's Online (in general)
  2. I'm a Mormon's
  3. Bible Videos
*****************************************************************************
    MORMON'S ONLINE: So to start this one I simply ask y'all to watch this video, First because it's hilarious, and also because I think it sums us what the Church is trying to do online.




   I'm guessing that this is just a mock "I'm a Mormon" that the Church put up, but I laughed my head off at it. "You are the curious Yak." And I think it just shows what the Church is trying to do with their campaign on the internet. Flooding the internet with positive messages instead of all the negative one's online. I mean think about it, members of the Church spend hours and hours online (just like the rest of the world) and  most of the time just doing nothing (especially like the rest of the world). So why not give them something positive to do online, instead of looking up pictures of funny cats all day." 

    I'd say they succeeded at doing that, they've helped us make being a Latter-Day Saint online easy and well pretty fun and well cool. We've got Mormon.org, LDS.org, Biblevideos.org, Mormonchannel.org, Mormontopics.org, all these different websites that the Church has put up that are great ways to share being LDS with out being pushy, and to help strengthen our own testimonies and families.

*****************************************************************************

    I'M A MORMON: K next video for y'all so here's this little nugget of fun for ya. . .


    If you know anything about me you know exactly why I shared this video. Personally I LOVE music, and especially Indie music, so Neon Tree's is pretty high up on my favorite bands list. Then one day Elder Nelson and I discover that I the drummer for Neon Tree's put up a I'm a Mormon video! Needless to say we watched it a lot. We loved it! The fact that someone who others would look at at think wow look at their job, look at their fame, would put something up and have most of it talk about her family and how much she loves them and about her personal relationship with God I think is incredible!
    So I'm a Mormon's, I love them. Showing people that us as Momron's (or members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) are normal people! It blows my mind how many people here in the South, and really all over, think we are super weird people! Well okay I will admit we're weird, but not in the way everyone thinks. I would love to just clear things up here and now. NO: we don't have 50 wives! haha everyone loves that rumor! Oh and can everyone just tell a friend today that if we have little black name tags, it means we're not Jehovah's Witnesses, no disrespect to Jehovah's Witnesses. So Mormon's are normal people! Doctors, Authors, my mom's a Teacher, my brother is a soon to be Dentist, my Bishop is the Athletic Director of Weber State University. If you don't know what university that is ask my other brother, the sports fanatic, who was the Rookie of the Year for the NBA in 2013, he came from WSU. and speaking of Basketball, has anyone ever heard of Jabari Parker?? Yeah he's LDS too. I'm a Mormon's, I hope, are helping people realize that Mormon's are normal people who have normal every day crises, and they can over come them through our Savior.

*****************************************************************************

     BIBLE VIDEOS: Alright the best for last, has anyone seen the Bible Videos?? Not the TV series The Bible, which I hear is pretty awesome though, but the videos the Church has put up. Well here's my favorite, please enjoy appropriately. 
 
 

     
    Can you get better then this??? This is in my opinion the greatest thing since sliced bread or the Book of Mormon. Seriously though I could watch these all day, for so many reasons. One that this is the best portrayal of the Savior I've seen. Two I love that they follow the text of the Holy Bible (KJV) perfectly. Three they are artistically amazing. Four k I'll stop at 3 other wise I'll be here all day.
    This though is my favorite thing that the Church has done online. Putting up well made, intriguing, videos of the Bible stories. With so much bad no good stuff on the internet now, why not share some happy uplifting stuff that is also amazing!?

**********************************************************************************

    CLOSING THOUGHTS on all this stuff. I love that the Church is reaching out online, putting things that people like on the internet, and making them fun, cool, and spiritual. So my challenge you all y'all who read this today is to go onto one of these three websites; https://www.lds.org/bible-videos/?lang=eng  www.mormon.org or http://www.mormonchannel.org/ then find a video you like, huh that must be hard, finding a funny or interesting video online, wow I'm giving you hard homework. Then just send it in a message to someone. Family, friend, acquaintance, search a random name on facebook and message them it. Just see how they like it. Oh then message me on facebook and tell me how it went, I'm just Elder Jess Allen Firmage on facebook, go ahead and find me then message me about it! I'd also love to get feed back from you on there if you want to message me.

Thank Y'all for reading, now please go out and have a nice day alright? Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment